Sports Why I Fainted During Nigeria Vs Argentina Game - Sergio Aguero

M

mrsam

Argentina and Manchester City striker, Sergio Aguero, has spoken for the first time after he reportedly fainted during Nigeria Vs Argentina match which Argentina surprisingly lost 4-2 to Nigeria in an international friendly in Krasnodar on November 14, 2017.

Aguero did not come out for the second half of the friendly match as he suddenly developed illness and was rushed to the hospital for routine examination during the intermission. Before his unplanned substitution at half-time, the South Americans were leading 2-1 with the forward registering his name on the score-sheet in the 36th minute.

The striker told Lbero; ”The second half against Nigeria I could not see, because I was in the Hospital, but when they told me how it panned out, I asked, ‘what happened?”

”That happens sometimes, it was because they thought of me, they were scared, I do not know.”

Reacting to the World Cup draw where La Albiceleste will again face Super Eagles, Aguero said he was more concerned about Argentina’s first two opponents in Group D, saying, ”The rivals are not bad, but let’s not say it’s very good for us, Iceland is one of the debutants, they do not play badly, they are a very organized team and they have (Gylfi) Sigurðsson.

Attachments

• aguero.jpg
    aguero.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 24
Back