Politics Why I Was Removed From Buhari’s Ambassadorial List - Enyantu Ifenne

kemi

Social Member
A former chieftain of the defunct Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, Dr. Enyantu Ifenne has identified some ‘forces within Benue State’ as the reason behind the removal of her name from the latest list of non-career ambassadorial nominees.

enyantu.jpg

Ifenne and several others’ names were missing from the latest list released last week by the federal government following the initial rejection of the list submitted by the presidency, thus triggering a slue of controversy.

She was replaced by Steve Ugbah, a former guber aspirant from Benue State.

In a statement forwarded to Daily Post, Ifenne said no one from the Idoma community was behind her ordeal as it was widely reported in the media last week.

The statement reads: “For the records, the combined tsunami force of some other persons with vested interest within our state blew me off the list. I was pre – informed politely but unambiguously that I would not get their endorsement should I make it to the screening. Their reason? I originate from zone C- the Benue euphemism for minority tribes.

“On no account should David Mark be blamed for the withdrawal of my name from the ambassadorial list. On the contrary, he was gracious and unequivocally supportive.

“The truth remains that the Idoma Spirit will never be diminished or dominated. Nor should our Voices be divided or silenced.”

Back