Politics Why right candidates don’t win elections in Nigeria —Adedoyin - Tribune

Vunderkind

Social Member
Princess Funke Adedoyin, the initial running mate of the former governor of Kwara State, Bukola Saraki, in an interview with Tribune newspaper, aired her views on certain national issues.

Funke Adedoyin’s appointment as Minister of Women Affairs and Minister of Youth by the former president of Nigeria, Olusegun Obasanjo diverted her course as running mate to the former Kwara state governor.

The native of Igbomina in Kwara South Senatorial district and former head of the Atiku Abubakar Policy Team, when asked what she thought about the party APC, she replied “I think it is fantastic. I think that the tendency for one dominant party and for many little ones was not very healthy for Nigeria.

Two strong parties with a national spread will engender better governance. APC administrations in most of the states have demonstrated strong governance and fantastic service delivery to their populace, so it would provide an alternative, spurring complacent administrations to do more and engendering healthy competition to the benefit of the generality of our people.

I would have also liked the inclusion of independent candidature in our constitution. Maybe at lower levels such as the local government. Independent candidature would have been useful for the purpose of bringing true representation because people will vote for what is available. I mean if the popular candidate does not win the primaries in the main parties, because we know the right candidate does not always win the primaries, in such cases the provision of independent candidature would, I believe, aid better representation.”

Click here to read more

Source: Tribune

Attachments

• funke-adedoyin.jpg
    funke-adedoyin.jpg
    28.1 KB · Views: 23
Back