Politics Witness Confesses, 'Defence Chief Badeh Instructed Me To Lie That I Own His N1.8m Mall'

P

PressRoom

alex badeh.jpg

Mustapha Yerima, the fourth prosecution witness in the trial of former Chief of Defence Staff, Alex Badeh, has narrated how he was instructed to lie to authorities and pretend as the owner of Mr. Badeh’s N1.8 billion shopping mall.

Premium Times reports that Yerima, who began testifying on Monday, said he was instructed by Mr. Badeh’s protégé, Salisu Yushau, to tell the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, that the shopping mall constructed on a land said to have belonged to the Ekiti State Governor, Ayodele Fayose, belonged to his company, Right Builders Nigeria Limited.

“We continued our work after payments were made until one fateful morning, one of the site supervisors called me that the EFCC operatives are looking for me. Immediately I drove down to the site, they asked if the property belongs to Dasuki, I told them I have never seen or met Dasuki,” the witness said.

“I was asked to report to their office by 3pm. Before I got to their office, I called Air Commodore Yushau (former director of finance at the Nigerian Air force), to tell him what happened.

“Yushau told me that since we are into property development as a company, I should claim the property because he was scared,” Mr. Yerima stated.

He also said the property in question was at the time, under the supervision of Mr. Badeh’s son, Alex Junior. He said Mr. Yushau’s initial response was for him (Mr. Yerima) to contact Mr. Alex Junior.

“He panicked, that since he has handed over the project to the original owner, and it was Alex Badeh Junior that was coordinating, I should call him, which I did, but he told me that his father was not around and that I should call Yushau back.

“After I spoke with Badeh Junior, he said he had discussed with Yushau and he will give me directives on what to tell the EFCC operatives,” Mr. Yerima stated, adding that it was during his second call to Mr. Yushau that he Mr. Yushau instructed him to claim ownership of the said property.

Source: Premium Times

Back