Entertainment Wizkid Cancels All December 2016, January 2017 Shows Over Health Issues

P

PressRoom

Nigeria's Hip hop artiste, Wizkid has cancelled all his shows for the rest of 2016 and January 2017 over health issues. This was on the advise given to him by his doctor that he should cancel the rest of his shows for 2016 and January 2017 to take enough rest.

An homecoming concert billed to take place at Eko Convention Centre on December 30, followed by another show at the New Afrika Shrine on January 1, 2017 have been cancelled.

wizkid.PNG

A statement posted on his official Twitter page read: “#TeamWizkid I’ve been on the road for two years touring and doing what I love without a break and now it’s all catching up on me.

“I hate this but my doctors have advised me to cancel the rest of my dates for this year and January 2017.

“Apologies to all my fans, especially in Nigeria and Uganda and the rest of the world. I promise to be back stronger and better to see you guys.

“Promise you new music before the end of the year!!

“Y’all have an amazing Christmas and New Year celebrations! I’ll be here recovering and getting my energy up to see you all next year.

“Love you all and God bless.”

Earlier this week, Wizkid bagged a Grammy 2017 nomination, for featuring on Drake’s track, One Dance, with Kayla, making him the first Nigerian to get Grammy nomination.

Back