Sports World Cup: Argentina coach Alejandro Sabella proud of attacking strike force

• Thread starter Titilope Adeuja
  • Start date
T

Titilope Adeuja

Sabella.jpg
Argentina head coach, Alejandro Sabella has revealed his enthusiasm about the attacking players at his disposal for the 2014 FIFA World Cup in Brazil.

Sabella has selected Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero and Angel Di Maria as the strike-force alongside a full-strength 23-man squad.

"There are some great players in this team, most of all the forwards.

"Lionel Messi, Gonzalo Higuain, Sergio Aguero and Angel Di Maria … with them you are enthusiastic, I can't deny that even I am.

"Every fan is excited by the prospect of watching these players when they are in form."

Though the four-time Ballon d'Or award winner, Messi, had a mixed 2013/14 season due to injury concerns, he was involved in the full training with the squad.

"I can see that Lionel Messi is in good shape, happy and willing to work with all of us in order to have the best World Cup."

Sabella also revealed that the history between the two South American giants, Argentina and Brazil, would help boost the game into heights, should the two of them meet in the tournament.

"We know the high standard of Brazilian football but they also know the worth of Argentine football. It's a rivalry that we will keep going on a strictly sporting level.

"As Argentines we hope that it will stay at that level, because we are brothers, the engines of Latin America. We depend on each other, to live better as people."

Argentina is grouped alongside Bosnia-Herzgovina, Iran and Nigeria.

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Last edited:
Back