Sports Yaya Toure unhappy over racist abuse he got on Twitter

Ivory Coast midfielder Yaya Toure has labeled the racist slur targeted against him as "a disgrace ".

The Manchester City player was racially abused on social media app, Twitter, moments after he reactivated his account .

Police have commenced investigations into claims that the 31-year-old was abused by his followers on the account.

"For me it's a disgrace to be honest," Toure told BBC Sport. "We need to do something to try to tell people those kinds of behaviour have to stop.

"I want those people to understand what they're doing is wrong."

"To have such aggression in sport, I can't understand that. That's why I've been trying to fight it," added Toure.

"Football doesn't have a colour. We're just people from all over the world trying to enjoy the game.

"I never see this in rugby, I never see that in tennis or anything else, I don't know where it's coming from."

This will not be the first time that the African footballer of the year will fall a victim to racial abuse.

He was also the target of racist abuse last season during his club's Champions League game CSKA Moscow in Russia.

Yaya Toure.JPG

Photo Credit: Wikipedia

Back