Politics 2015 Break-Up Prediction: Nigeria will shock Western world – CAN leader - Nigerian Eye

Vunderkind

Social Member
What’s your opinion on the National Conference? Does the Christian body have any agenda to promote?
I will not tell you what the agenda of the Christian body is until it is made public in the conference. As I have always said, we need to pray. Some people will say ‘but things are still rough with all the prayers’, but I tell you, Nigeria cannot survive without prayers, even for one week. Prayer is the glue that gums Nigeria together; if you remove that glue, Nigeria will break into pieces. Let us put aside tribal and religious sentiments. Nigeria has long awaited this conference; so, I advise that those who have not been chosen to attend the conference should take away malice and sentiments and pray for its success.

You just spoke about tribal and religious sentiments, but these diversities are recognized in the selection of delegates and each of them has his agenda. Don’t you think this could have a negative effect on the conference?

Nigeria is the United States of Africa. That’s why our diversities and language heterogeneity have not, all these years, disintegrated us. Like pieces of clothes in tailoring are able to allow themselves to be sewn together to form a beautiful dress, we should absorb and accommodate one another. That way, we will overcome. For instance, when the matter of gay was being deliberated, the way we joined forces despite our diversities helped us to conquer and outlaw it. On this national conference, I want to say that Nigeria is looking for solution and will get it with prayers.

Click here to read the rest of the interview

Source: Nigerian Eye

Attachments

• God-Dowell.jpg
    God-Dowell.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 8
Back