Another UNILAG Student Runs Mad After Reading Non-stop for 48 Hours

L

LequteMan

It is said that when two elephants fight, it is the grass on which they tussle that suffers. The recently suspended ASUU strike has left Universities rushing things up in a bid to make up for the lost time- harried lectures, impromptu tests and hurried examinations.

According to nairaland.com, another UNILAG student, this time a 100 level medical student has lost control of his mental faculties due to supposedly too much studying. A post by a member of the site (pryncemautin) says more:

pryncemautin said:
Due to the on-going second semester examination in the university of first choice,students preparation had turned something else with the way they are having brain issues,just after the other guy who ran mad at AKT,another 100 level medical student (name witheld) ran mad at jaja hall in the early hours of tuesday morning after reading for 2 days on a stretch while trying to prepare for a 4 unit chemistry course.

On monday evening he was telling all his room mates that they are all putting on black clothes while they are not and later on tuesday morning he woke on and started chasing them around with his urine,then he was later carried to the medical centre and later to a psychatric hospital.

This led to different reactions as many members said what's on their mind.

"The problem is that our students are cramming and not reading to understand. Besides I hear lecturers were rushing through d syllabus so for d students its work overload that can lead to brain overload. I rebuke d spirit of insanity n madness over all d students of Unilag IJN." Pamcrest said.

According to LarryDKing said : "It's a normal thing... It's bound to happen. In my sch, Fed. Poly. Ilaro, during exam period, u'll think there is a deliverance service going on among the student. Students will slumb, faint, row on the ground, walk out of the exam hall just to no destination, sudden noise frm students e.t.c. An ambulance is always on standby for such cases, it's a normal occurence in fpi."

mad studyiing.jpg

Last edited:
Back