Politics Bakare - Buhari Told Me He Wanted a VP That Can Govern Nigeria If He Dies in Office

A

abujagirl

Pastor Tunde Bakare has disclosed that President Muhammadu Buhari picked Yemi Osinbajo as his Vice President because he wanted someone who will be able to govern Nigeria if he dies.

tunde bakare and buhari.jpg

According to THE CABLE, addressing his congregants in Latter Rain Assembly Ogba, Lagos, last month, Bakare said Buhari rejected former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s choice of Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former minister of finance.

He said all what transpired during that period had been documented in the book: ‘Strategic Intervention in Governance’, a book he authored.

“After I was called and I went to Abuja, and I sat with Mr President or General Buhari then, I said why me? ‘I’m not a politician’, ‘I do not belong to any political party’, ‘I am not carrying card of any party, why me’?

“He gave me all the reasons, they are written in the book; Strategic Intervention in Governance. He gave three reasons, but the one that made everyone around me that day to dove their hats was when he said: I am not as young as you think, and even Yar’Adua that is younger is dead.

“In case I die, I know you can hold the nation together. That was when Jim (he didn’t give his surrname) removed his cap and said egbon, you must agree.”

Back