World Bob Dylan Wins Nobel Prize in Literature

A

abujagirl

US singer Bob Dylan has been awarded the 2016 Nobel Prize for Literature "for having created new poetic expressions within the great American song tradition".

Bob Dylan is the 259th American to have won a Nobel, across all disciplines, and the first to win the literature prize since Toni Morrison in 1993.

bob dylan.jpg

If we all got what we deserved, the world would be a different place. I think he absolutely does.

Literature: written works, especially those considered of superior or lasting artistic merit.

If we all got what we deserved, the world would be a different place. I think he absolutely does.

Literature: written works, especially those considered of superior or lasting artistic merit.
Lyrics are not literature. They're trying to pass him off as a poet. I know some actual writers who deserve that award

Lyrics are not literature. They're trying to pass him off as a poet. I know some actual writers who deserve that award

Dylan does not write lyrics. You either know it or you don't :) With all the decisions there will be two camps... but I am sure the people that made the decision were as knowledgeable as the rest of us... and lucky for Dylan fans they got it right :)

Dylan does not write lyrics. You either know it or you don't :) With all the decisions there will be two camps... but I am sure the people that made the decision were as knowledgeable as the rest of us... and lucky for Dylan fans they got it right :)
He doesn't write literature. I'm pained on behalf of writers that actually write. BTW I hate Dylan's voice

That is not an argument.
Dylan does not write literature. Spent part of the night on the works .... great songwriter but far from being a poet. Poetry is meant to be self sufficient but his lyrics are not .... He should be surprised he won when actual writers are still on the queue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back