Sports Controversy as Anthony Joshua Beats Carlos Takam to Retain World Heavyweight Titles

L

LequteMan

Anthony Joshua on Saturday defeated a relentless and bloodied Carlos Takam in a furious fight.

The English boxer retained his International Boxing Federation and World Boxing Association world heavyweight titles by finishing the Cameroon’s France-based challenger at the Principality Stadium.

anthony j 2.JPG

Joshua had his nose broken in the second round by Takam's forehead, and he recovered sufficiently enough by the fourth to ensure his French-Cameroonian opponent had to take a standing count after being knocked down by a left hook which opened a nasty cut above Takam’s right eye, and he was twice inspected by the ringside physician before it was all over.

Joshua tried to regain momentum in the eighth with two left hands that shook Takam, who was inspected by the ringside doctor at the start of the ninth round.

Takam was allowed to fight on but in the tenth he was shook by a right to the head and as Joshua unloaded more punches that landed flush, referee Phil Edwards stopped the fight.

Takam complained it was a premature stoppage, which was jeered by Joshua’s fans.

“I don’t think they should have stopped it,” said Takam. “I want the rematch if Anthony gives me it.”

At the end of it all the young man who is fast becoming a superstar now has a record which reads: 20 fights, 20 stoppages.

Back