Politics Dogara Felicitates With Sultan of Sokoto As He Turns 60

P

ProfRem

The Speaker of the House of Representatives, Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara, has extended birthday wishes to the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, CFR, mni. This, he did on behalf of the entire House of Representatives as the Sultan turns 60 today.

The Speaker, in his statement, described the Sultan as a leader who “works tirelessly in building bridges of peace and harmony across religious and cultural divides”, and prayed for God to grant the Sultan good health and long life.

sultanSa'd.jpg

The full statement is copied below;

I, on behalf of the leadership and entire Honorable Members of the House of Representatives, most heartily felicitate with His Eminence, The Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Sa’ad Abubakar III, CFR, mni on the occasion of his 60th birthday anniversary.

Your Eminence, as you mark this glorious day, it is my fervent prayer that Almighty God will continue to prosper and bless you with good health, long life and abundant wisdom as you work tirelessly in building bridges of peace and harmony across religious and cultural divides for the unity, progress and peaceful coexistence of Nigeria.

Once again, on behalf of the leadership and Members of the House of Representatives, I wish you many more years of prosperity and dedicated service to our dear country.

Happy Birthday Your Eminence!

Signed

Rt. Hon. Yakubu Dogara
Speaker,
House of Representatives

Back