Politics FCT Minister Appeals to Nyanya Blast Victims’ Relations to Claim Corpses

A

abujagirl

Nigeria's FCT Minister, #BalaMohammed, has appealed to relatives of the 20 persons who died in the May 1 #Nyanya bomb blast to come forward to claim the corpses.

Mohammed made the appeal on Saturday in #Abuja after visiting four FCT General Hospitals where some of the corpses were kept and the injured victims were receiving treatment.

The minister, who visited the #Asokoro, #Maitama, #Wuse and #Gwarinpa hospitals, said the morgues had been overstretched and the victims’ relatives had not claimed any of their corpses for burial.

"The FCT Administration has agreed with the police to release the corpses to the victims’ relations, because the morgues are overstretched. They need to claim them with full evidence. I have directed the Secretary, FCT Health Secretariat, Dr Ademola Onakomaiya, to release ambulances to carry the corpses to various destinations where they will be buried,’’ he said.

The minister said he was pleased that the injured victims were also being given adequate attention.

He said the patients, who are confirmed as FCT indigenes, would be given Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) services.

Mohammed said the sum of N1 million had been given as a form of support to the victims by a corporate organisation.

Meanwhile, the minister has given a seven-day ultimatum to the FCT Task Force to clear all the debris at the scene of the bomb blast.

He also gave a three-day ultimatum to the Federal Capital Development Authority (FCDA) to get a conducive environment for the relocation of the park.

"I am giving seven days to the FCT Task Force to clear all the blast debris, second-hand vehicles and traders away from the Nyanya corridor. The FCDA will provide alternative place for the car dealers. I am happy that the Village Head of Nyanya has offered his support to point at houses whose owners had been compensated by the FCTA for demolition.’’

Mohammed said also that President Goodluck Jonathan had ordered the FCT Administration (FCTA) to build standard motor parks in the territory.

"The FCTA will no longer build parks by the roadside again,’’ he said.

bala mohammedd.jpg

Back