Politics Festus Keyamo Loses APC Delta Central Senatorial Primaries Election

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

images

Mr Festus Keyamo, human rights lawyer has lost at the All Progressives Congress (APC) primaries for the forthcoming by-election into the Delta Central Senatorial Seat held on Wednesday.

Keyamo lost to O’Tega Emerhor who scored 1,674 votes to defeat Keyamo, who had only 36 votes.

Keyamo, who came into the election venue in Ughelli at 3.00 p.m., alleged that the voters registration held on Tuesday in the Delta hotel in Sapele was marred by violence. Keyamo claimed that there was no registration of voters in Sapele, Ughelli South, Ughelli North and Ethiope-West. He also said that his opponent Mr O’Tega Emerhor, hired thugs to steal election materials.

"The thugs of my opponent came to hijack materials and went to unknown destination", Keyamo said. .

"It is concocted and designed to rig the process. I will not allow this brand of politics in my state. I am going to fight for other people who want to join the party.

"We must not encourage this type of violence and rigging".

"I am carrying my protest to the national body of APC that this type of politics must not continue in Delta".

"The election is fraud, I am not participating in this kind of election process and as far as I am concern APC has no candidate in Delta,’’ Keyamo said.

Some of Keyamo's supporters carried placards with the inscriptions, "Keyamo is our candidate’’,"we no dey vote".

Come October, Emerhor would contest against Ede Dafinone of DPP and Mr Emannuel Aguariavwodo of PDP for the Delta Central Senatorial seat. (NAN)

Attachments

• upload_2013-9-25_21-51-30.png
    upload_2013-9-25_21-51-30.png
    33.4 KB · Views: 24
Back