Metro Gruesome Murder in Ekiti: Woman's Blood Drained and Taken Away by Assailants

L

LequteMan

A 73-year-old pensioner, Mrs. Adetutu Ajayi, was on Tuesday brutally murdered in her home at Moferere, Ado-Ekiti, the Ekiti State capital.

According to reports, her head was smashed by her assailants with her fingers, eyes and other parts of her body chopped off.

She was found in a pool of blood in her three bedroom bungalow by church members, who visited her after she didn't show up for a prayer meeting.

Her daughter, Mrs. Titilayo Ajayi, said she was informed about the incident by her late mother’s church members.

“When I got here, I saw my mother in a pool of blood. Her blood had been drained and taken away by the assailants and her fingers were cut off, which made us to suspect that it was done by ritual killers.

“She ought to attend a vigil at Christ Apostolic Church, Voice of God parish, but when the pastor did not see her, he was worried and sent a delegation to check on her. When they got here, they saw her lifeless body and they immediately raised the alarm.

“We saw the record Mama left on the calendar because anytime she woke up around 5am, she would take her bath and mark the calendar. We saw the calendar marked that day which suggested that she was killed as early as 5am.”

The septuagenarian was a retiree of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture where she worked for 35 years. Her body has been taken to Ekiti State University Teaching Hospital (EKSUTH) mortuary, Ado Ekiti.

Attachments

• police-line31.jpg
    police-line31.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 19
Back