Politics He Was a Noisemaker in School – Dino's ABU Ex-schoolmate Speaks

kemi

Social Member
Deji Yesufu, who was admitted to the Ahmadu Bello University Zaria same year with Senator Dino Melaye has revealed that the Senator was a noisemaker who pulls crowd back then in school.

melaye.png

In an interview with Punch, Yesufu said he knew him as ‘Dino’ in school.

‘’I knew him as ‘Dino’. We were not in the same department. He was in Geography Department, while I was in Electrical Engineering Department. He was always called ‘Dino’ in school. It was clearly an alias. Apparently, since he entered politics, he has adopted it as his real name. I didn’t know his real name. I’m just learning that his name is Daniel (Jonah Melaye) since the controversy began.’’

Describing him as a noisemaker, he noted that Dino was vibrant in unionism in school.

‘’This is my honest thought about Dino while he was in school. Dino was a rabble-rouser – that’s the best way to describe him. He was prominent in ABU’s student unionism of that time. He was usually seen inciting students against the university authorities. I later learnt that he was older than most of us, thus his better mental grasp of handling matters. He was a noisemaker. I remember one evening, as I was entering Suleiman Hall, there was commotion at the entrance. Later, I saw Dino in the centre of a crowd speaking to students. He drew crowds easily and was detested by the university authorities.’’

He also stated that Dino ‘was never a president of ABU Students Union Government though he claimed to be.’

Read more in Punch

Back