Politics I have Forgiven Theophilus Danjuma For My Father's Death - Femi Fajuyi

A

abujagirl

Femi Fajuyi, eldest son of the first military governor of the former Western region, Lt. Col. Adekunle Fajuyi, said he has forgiven Gen. Theophilus Danjuma and other people who participated in the assassination of the father on July 29, 1966.

fajuyi.jpg

According to PUNCH, speaking at an event organised by the League of Veteran Journalists, Oyo State chapter, to mark the 50th anniversary of the assassination of his father in Ibadan, during a counter coup, Fajuyi said, “I am a Christian and I know that Gen. Danjuma is also a Christian. He is my brother in the Lord. Fifty years have eased the pain of the loss. Fifty years have erased the memories of the loss and I have forgiven all of them.

“I must acknowledge that as a young officer himself, he (Danjuma) must probably be acting on the orders of his superiors. In fact, I keep looking for an opportunity where we could meet face to face, and where he would hug me as a son. He apologised in one of his books where he said he regretted the death of Fajuyi who was not the primary target but ended up being a collateral damage. So, I have nothing in mind against him or anyone else.”

Back