Sports Keylor Navas Says Staying At Madrid Is Frustrating

Real Madrid keeper, Keylor Navas, has revealed that he cried when he discovered that his swap deal to Manchester United on transfer window deadline day had collapsed.

The 28-year old disclosed that knowing he would spend one more season at the Spanish capital was frustrating and he shed tears.

Navas told Spanish radio: "I cried when I found out I was staying, it was a build-up of emotions. I didn't want to leave, Madrid is my home."

The Costa Rica international added on Cadena COPE: "My agent told me to be alert to my phone. We had to go to Barajas, although I never actually got on a plane, I was in a waiting room."

Navas joined Real from Levante in the summer of 2014 following an impressive World Cup for Costa Rica, but played just 11 times last season.

Despite Real looking to replace him with De Gea, Navas has benefitted from the departure of long-time number one keeper Iker Casillas to Porto, and has gone on to play in all five games this term, having yet to concede a goal.

"I signed the Manchester United contract on a stretcher while I had my medical, but I want to write my own story at this club and win everything this season," he said.

"We have things to improve, but we're on the right path," BBC

key.jpg

Back