Sports Leicester City vs Man City Result: Pep Guardiola's Comments After 4-2 Thrashing

L

LequteMan

Manchester City on Saturday evening were thrashed by Premier League defending champions Leicester City at the King Power Stadium.

Jamie Vardy opened the scoring in the 3rd minute before Andy King doubled it two minutes later. Jamie Vardy got his second goal by rounding off Man City keeper Bravo after receiving a sublime pass from Mahrez.

Vardy got his hat trick in the second half by rounding Bravo off for the second time and slotting home.

Kolarov pulled one back via a freekick and set up Nolito who made it two with less than 5 minutes to go. City piled on the pressure towards the end of the game but didn't score more goals.

Speaking after the game, Manchester City boss, Pep Guardiola said:

"Four minutes 2-0, it is not easy. England is very good on the counter-attack and second balls. They are tough on the counter defend so well. we tried until the end but there are good things in every game. it is difficult after 2-0 and 3-0.

"They would play long balls, we knew that. with the second balls, they were looking to our back four and did well.

"It is not about the system.

Do you need more defenders? "No. we defended well with these players at the start of the season and during the season, we have to stand up and analyse and players to step forward.

"All managers need time."

When asked why Manchester City started the game so badly, Pep Guardiola said: "Long balls, second balls, they won the second balls and scored fantastic goals.

"Football is a game with mistakes, especially today. I would never complain to my players and I will look inside myself and analyse the reason why we have problems with the second balls when they arrive.

"Our game is not bad but in the box we have a lot of problems."

When asked how long it is going to take his players to adapt to the "Pep way":

"I don't know. In the beginning it was quickly, now it will be a little bit longer," he said.

"To change the mentality, to change what we want, maybe it will take a little more time."

Attachments

• pep guardiola press.PNG
    pep guardiola press.PNG
    256.7 KB · Views: 27
Lol. Guardiola is a fraud. He thought the EPL is like the La Liga where you can win anyhow :D

Back