Politics Maina Names 3 Witnesses In Controversial Pension Fraud

P

ProfRem

The former Chairman of the Presidential Task Force on Pension Reforms, Mr. Abdulrasheed Maina, has named three personalities as witness in controversial pension scam.

he said the former President Goodluck Jonathan, Okonjo-Iweala and the present Inspector General of Police knew his ordeal as the pension boss and how bullets was rained on his car after revealing pension thieves to the former administration.

Maina also challenged anyone – whether the budget office or the ministry of finance that has ever given him money to show the proof to Nigerians.

Maina stated this when he poke to Berekete Family, an Abuja-based Radio Show anchored by Ahmed Isa, which Thisday newspaper monitored.

He said instead of appropriating government’s money, his task force recovered N282 billion, which Okonjo-Iweala lodged at the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), when the present Emir of Kano, Alhaji Muhammad Sanusi was the governor.

main.JPG

“This money, I have never seen in cash; I only see in paper. So, how did I come across the money? If there is anybody with proof of how government gave me money or how money entered into my account, let the person show the proof.

He also recalled that his car was riddled with bullets when he was returning from a meeting with former President Jonathan and Okonjo-Iweala where the money recovered by his team was discussed.
“I had complained to the president and they gave me bullet –proof car. The car is still in the villa. When I complained to the police, the reply by the police was signed by the present Inspector General of Police. I had to go under because of the threats to my life. So, I went to court,” he added.

When asked if he would come out of hiding and spill the beans if President Buhari provides the necessary security for him, Maina said: “I am ready and half of those people will run away and leave Nigeria.

Back