Metro Man Seeks Marriage Dissolution, Says His Wife is an "Anointed Liar"

Vunderkind

Social Member
A 37-year-old man, Abdulrasheed Mustapha, on Thursday urged an Orile Agege Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve his five-year-old marriage to his wife Rofiat for alleged threat to his life and childlessness.

Mustapha, a trader, who resides at No. 10, Abibatu Street, Orile Agege, told the court that the marriage to his wife was the ``greatest mistake’’ of his life.

``My wife is an addicted and anointed liar, I don't think she has ever told me any truth since I married her, she lied about her age, educational background and above all, her past.

``I got to know that her past was full of atrocities, she had slept with almost all the men in her street, yet she lies that she was raped and lost her virginity in the process.

``I am not sure she still has a uterus, so I can't continue living with a woman I barely know,’’ he said.

The petitioner also told the court that his wife was always fighting him and didn't respect him and members of his family.

``She fights me with anything she sees, I won't wait till she kills me, I want the court to dissolve the union,’’ he said.

Rofiat, however, did not appear before the court.

In his ruling, the President of the Court, Mr Adegboyega Omilola, asked Mustapha to maintain the peace and adjourned the case to March 27 for continuation.

Back