My Ministers have small houses, Mugabe- NewZimbabwe

L

LequteMan

President Robert Mugabe revealed Saturday that most members of his Cabinet had “small houses”, adding the ministers were taking advantage of their wealth to engage in extramarital affairs.

Mugabe was speaking at the wedding of his niece Shammah Chidhakwa, who married Nicholas Bhero at Venue Umwinzii in Harare’s Umwinsidale area.

Urging the newly-weds to be faithful to each other, Mugabe lamented the “small house” culture now prevalent in Zimbabwe adding his own ministers, whom he expected to exemplary, also had extra-marital affairs.

“The wealth some of these people have is what is causing problems. Small houses, small houses! I said to Cabinet the other day: ‘looking at all of you, who can I say can I say does not have a small house?’

“Let us not follow that. One man, one wife and your marriage will go a long way,” he said.

The veteran leader challenged women to fight the problem by refusing to be involved in such relationships.

Source: NewZimbabwe

See more at: http://www.newzimbabwe.com/news-12803-My+ministers+have+small+houses,+Mugabe/news.aspx

Back