Sports Nigeria: Sports Ministry Has Refunded Mikel Obi's $4600 - NFF

L

LequteMan

The Nigeria Football Federation, NFF, has stated that the $4600 Dream Team VI Captain Mikel Obi paid to avoid embarrassment at an hotel in Brazil has been refunded to him.

According to NFF, the Federal Ministry of Youth and Sports assured players and officials of the team that they will be given all that is due to them.

Mikel Obi paid for the team in São Paulo on their way to Salvador, NFF said.

"I am humbled by your efforts, your commitment, your patriotism. I want to assure you that your sacrifices will not be in vain. Aside whatever the NFF have for you, we will as much as possible make you happy, if only you will be patient with us. Today, with your performance, I am convinced that you will get that gold.” Minister Solomon Dalung said, addressing the team after their qualification for the semi finals.

Responding, Captain Mikel Obi said: "We want to thank you for your fatherly support. In truth, there have been a lot of challenges, but every time we go onto the field, we forget about everything and make sure our fatherland comes first. We have done that so far and we will continue to do that, but we need more motivation."

Attachments

• obi mikel.jpg
    obi mikel.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 13
Back