Politics Nigerian Presidential Media Chat - Top 35 Quotes

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Today was President #GoodluckJonathan of Nigeria's 7th Presidential chat. During the chat which was broadcast live on several Nigerian Television Stations including the Nigerian Television Authority, #NTA, the President answered an array of questions ranging from security to economy.

Nigerian Bulletin brings you the Top 35 quotes from the Presidential media chat;

President Jonathan's thoughts on Present happenings in Nigeria: "This is trying times for this country and the world. Whenever you put on the news it's bad news. As a nation, we are getting our fair share of it. We will get over it, i promise certainly we'll get over it".

On the Abducted #Chibok Girls: " Wherever the girls are we'll find them. So far there is no story they have been hurt".

"We request maximum cooperation from the parents. Police records has it that 46 girls escaped but the Principal says it's 53. The Parents should come forth and work with us. Cooperate with the government, we need identity and photographs"

"I appreciate the protests in the country, at least it is keeping the country aware".

Negotiations with for the release of Chibok Girls: "You can't negotiate with someone you don't know. Nobody has claimed responsibility for the attack"

"The girls' disappearance will not be another mystery the world cannot solve. They cannot be like the Malaysian flight".

On Rumors that the girls have been married off: "Married to who?, where?"

On the capability of security operatives: "Our security personnel are capable. Yes, we need to recruit more .... i just treated a memo on that last night. We need more men and better equipment. What we are doing now is what we would have done in the past 20 years".

On insecurity: "Things are not getting worse. The situation is calming, for now there is a low vibe. We have been able to suppress it reasonably well".

Effectiveness of the state of emergency: "The state of emergency is effective. If they say it is not effective, they are saying that out of frustration".

"We have even been advised not to comb Sambisa forest so the terrorist do not spread and mix with the normal population".

On undocumented foreign nationals in Nigeria; "The interior ministry has been working hard, we repatriated some of them. But it is important to note that Nigerians are one of the worst offenders of immigration rules. They travel everywhere without proper papers. We have to be careful so our citizens do not become targets".

On the World Economic Forum for Africa and Abuja lock down: "Abuja has not been locked down. Public secretariats, and public schools will be closed, we advice private offices to make sacrifices"

"Abuja residents are advised to stay at home".

On Rebasing of the Economy: "Rebasing is like census. Rebase does not mean it adds anything to us, we just try and capture what is contributing to our economy".

Employment: "Government cannot employ more than 35% of the population. Government must continue to create an enabling environment to promote the private sector".

Forensic Audit and missing oil money: "Missing oil money is almost becoming a phenomenon in Nigerian regimes, i don't want to mention regimes".

"$20Billion is a lot of money, where will you hide it that people will not know?. America will know and will tell you where it is".

"If Sanusi was still CBN governor he probably would have come up with a new figure".

"The audit is ongoing. Time needs to be given for a successful outcome".

Petroleum Ministers' alleged restraining order; " I am not aware that the Minister of petroleum has gone to court to stop investigation".

"There is more politics than work in the house of reps"

"If i use up to 40% of the powers that i have Nigerians will say that i am a dictator"

On Increased pump price of petrol: "I have no plans now to change petroleum pump price, but if I have to do it, I will do it following due process. I cannot increase pump price through the back door".

"As a President, i intend to leave than for the economy to collapse on my laps. It will be a stigma on myself and my children"

"When i tried to remove subsidy you know what happend in Lagos. People sponsored protest giving pure water and packaged foods and even playing music"

Corruption: "The word corruption is over used, even a common thief is now called corrupt".

On Boko haram infiltrating his cabinet; "My statements have been twisted. I NEVER said Boko Haram has infiltrated the cabinet."

On power: "Power will get better"

2015 Re-election and declaration ; "2015 declaration should not be a problem to Nigerians. Whether Jonathan declares or not should not be an issue"

Helicopters Dropping Supplies for terrorists: "Nyako mentioned that helicopters are dropping supplies. We are playing politics with national security. Why are there no pictures of it if you've seen it constantly"

Employing same strategy used for Niger Delta Militants for Boko haram: "Niger Delta militants are not TERRORISTS. They are different from Boko Haram".

"The Niger Delta situation was different, they had a reason for their agitation and they showed up for meetings when invited".

"The approach of Boko haram is different. Nobody has applied and said i am a leader of Boko haram and this is what i want".

"They have religious sentiments but their goal is to start a religious war; make Christians and Muslims fight".

goodluck jonathan happy.jpg

So, Mr. President you're saying you're not using up to 40% of your power? How much are you using? 30% 20%? Why?

Are you saying you have resources and tools at your disposal to fix Nigeria's numerous problems but you're laying low because you don't want to be called a dictator?

Back