Politics President Buhari To Submit 2017 Budget October

P

ProfRem

Minister of Budget and National Planning, Udoma Udo Udoma, yesterday, said President Muhammadu Buhari would soon submit the 2017 budget.

Udo Udoma, said this at a Town Hall meeting in Abuja inspired by the Nigerian Institute of Policy and Strategic Studies (NIPSS) focused on Effective implementation of the 2016 Budget.

Senator Udoma said the 2017 Budget would be submitted to the National Assembly in October.

Budgettt.JPG

Other ministers at the meeting were Finance-Mrs Kemi Adeosun, Power, Works and Housing-Babatunde Fashola; Solid Minerals Development-Dr Kayode Fayemi; Agriculture -Chief Audu Ogbeh; Health-Prof. Isaac Adewole; Foreign Affairs-Godfrey Onyema; and Environment-Amina Mohammed. Vice President Yemi Osinbajo was represented by the Special Adviser to the President on Economic Matters, Dr Adeyemi Dipeolu.

The Sultan of Sokoto, His Eminence Sa’ad Abubakar, who was chairman of the event was accompanied by the Etsu Nupe, His Highness Alhaji Yahaya Abubakar.

This is an unimaginable blonder the present government will ever commit in the history of Nigerian government. How dare they think of raising the issue of 2017 budget while we haven't seen the proceed and the outcomes of the 2016 budget! All we are seeing is padding, padding; padding! gush! Nonsense!

Sorry, Admin, permit me to use my link here. I have more to say and have said lot on this issue at www.frayokit.info

In my own opinion, I am sure it is not right, and I believe my fellow Nigerians and the Senate will also object to Buhari request for 2017; because it's too early simply because we need to see the work of the 2016 budget first. I arrest my case.

This is an unimaginable blonder the present government will ever commit in the history of Nigerian government. How dare they think of raising the issue of 2017 budget while we haven't seen the proceed and the outcomes of the 2016 budget! All we are seeing is padding, padding; padding! gush! Nonsense!

Sorry, Admin, permit me to use my link here. I have more to say and have said lot on this issue at www.frayokit.info

In my own opinion, I am sure it is not right, and I believe my fellow Nigerians and the Senate will also object to Buhari request for 2017; because it's too early simply because we need to see the work of the 2016 budget first. I arrest my case.

Mr. @OBEYA FRIDAY, You are right and i think the government have been telling us since Day 1 that there is no fund for implement majority of 2016 budget coupled with the facts and issues surrounding the padding and rat eaten document.

Nevertheless, I still think we need to move forward, irrespective of the past lapses, the future should not follow that line. Early submission brings about early approval and kick-off. It would not be right for 2017 budget to Senate nod at the first quarter of 2017, because it will tell on economy in the Q1 report of 2017.

Wayforward, as we open our eyes for implementing of the 2016 Budget of "change', we astill need to move forward to avoid repeating past mistakes. Thanks.

Mr. @OBEYA FRIDAY, You are right and i think the government have been telling us since Day 1 that there is no fund for implement majority of 2016 budget coupled with the facts and issues surrounding the padding and rat eaten document.

Nevertheless, I still think we need to move forward, irrespective of the past lapses, the future should not follow that line. Early submission brings about early approval and kick-off. It would not be right for 2017 budget to Senate nod at the first quarter of 2017, because it will tell on economy in the Q1 report of 2017.

Wayforward, as we open our eyes for implementing of the 2016 Budget of "change', we astill need to move forward to avoid repeating past mistakes. Thanks.

Really, we need to move forward but we must not forget to have the right thing done at the right time. I think this is the right time for us to see the outcomes of the 2016 budget, he (Buhari) also needs to give account of the money he has remitted so far from the looting and stolen money. And also we must not forget to comply with the law of process.

Back