Metro Radio Presenter 'Diplomatic Akas Baba' Abducted in Rivers State

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Anthony Akatakpo, also known as Diplomatic Akas Baba has been kidnapped from his home in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.

Diplomatic Akas Baba who is an on-the-air presenter with Cool/Wazobia FM was abducted from his residence at Rumuekini community in Obio/Akpor local government area of Rivers State at about 2am.

According to His wife, Mrs. Candy Akatakpo, the abductors knocked on their door, when they refused to open it, the men then cut the burglary proof before breaking the door. Diplomatic Akas Baba was then beaten and shot in the leg. After which, the kidnappers asked for money which his wife readily gave to them.

"They shot the gun directly at my husband’s leg. Part of the bullet also entered my leg. Before they left, they said if I have N10 million, they will release him. They said as a wife I know what to do. They asked for the car keys, which we gave to them. They carried my husband away with them. I believe they put him inside the boot. I am appealing to those involved to please release my husband", Candy said.

The registration number of the car the kidnappers drove away with is LSD 871CM.

akas baba.jpg

Back