Metro Ladies Speak - What It Felt Like Receiving Flowers For The First Time

Wakanda

Screenshot_20230114-135636~2.png

As I sit here typing this blog post, I can't help but smile at the memories of the first time I received flowers. It was such a simple gesture, but it meant the world to me. And it turns out, I'm not alone in this sentiment.
I recently had the pleasure of chatting with a group of five ladies in Lagos and in Abuja, all of whom had their own unique experiences with receiving flowers for the first time. Here's what they had to say:

Chioma, 32 Lagos

I remember it like it was yesterday. I was in my final year of university and had just landed my dream internship at a top marketing firm. I was so excited, but also a little nervous about starting a new chapter in my career.
One day, just as I was about to leave for work, I received a delivery at my apartment. It was a
beautiful bouquet of roses from Regal Flowers, with a note attached from my boss congratulating me on getting the internship and welcoming me to the team. I was completely taken aback and couldn't believe that someone would go out of their way to do something so thoughtful for me. It made me feel so valued and appreciated, and it was a moment I'll never forget

Bukola, 28 Abuja

For me, the first time I received flowers was actually on my wedding day. My husband and I had decided to have a small, intimate ceremony with just our closest family and friends.
As I walked down the aisle, I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with emotion. And then, as I reached my husband-to-be, I saw a stunning bouquet of lilies waiting for me on the altar. It was such a simple, yet meaningful gesture. The flowers represented our love and commitment to each other, and it was a moment I'll always treasure.

Ijeoma, 36 Lagos

For me, the first time I received flowers was actually from my husband on our first Valentine's Day together. We had only been dating for a few months, but he really went above and beyond to make the day special.

He surprised me with a bouquet of my favorite flowers from Floralhub.com.ng, along with a handwritten note expressing his love and appreciation for me. It was so sweet and thoughtful, and it really made me feel loved and appreciated.

Tolu, 24 Lagos

My first time receiving flowers was actually from a secret admirer. I had no idea who it could be, but I was absolutely thrilled to receive them.

The bouquet was a beautiful mix of roses and sunflowers, and it came with a note that simply
said "Thinking of you." It was such a sweet and romantic gesture, and it really made my day.

Olu, 30 Abuja

For me, the first time I received flowers was actually from a close friend. I had been going through a tough time, and she wanted to do something to lift my spirits.

So one day, out of the blue, she showed up at my door with a bouquet of my favorite flowers. It
was such a thoughtful and kind gesture, and it really made me feel loved and supported.

As these ladies have shared, receiving flowers can be a truly special and meaningful experience.
Whether it's from a loved one, a friend, or even a secret admirer, there's something about receiving a bouquet of flowers that can brighten anyone's day.

So the next time you're thinking about making someone's day, consider sending them a bouquet
of flowers. You never know how much it might mean to them

Last edited:
Back