Politics READ Dino Melaye's Powerful Reply to Obasanjo's Letter to National Assembly

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Senator Dino Melaye has issued a personal response to former President Olusegun Obasanjo's letter to the National assembly.

DINO MELAYE.jpg

READ: Obasanjo Writes Scathing Letter to National Assembly [READ FULL LETTER]

Melaye said that he hopes the letter was not an attempt to distract the country from the Halliburton and Siemens corruption allegations; NAIJ reports.

He said, “I have tremendous respect for president Olusegun Aremu Okikiola Obasanjo, elder statesman,respected pan Africanist and committed patriot.I went through the letter written to all Senators and members of the House of Representatives and the letter i can see is a misplacement of anger.

“Our leader is mistaken the 8th National Assembly as the same Senate Assembly that defrauded him in 2007. Those who collected his money and refused to implement the 3rd term agenda. I appeal to baba that we are not the ones please.

“After 9 years of that bribery saga,the first of its kind,I expect forgiveness to have taken place. There was the case of bribery introduced by the Obasanjo regime in the desperate attempt to remove speaker Ghali Umar Na’abba from office then. In fact there was open display of that bribery money on the floor of the house. That government exposed the National Assembly to corruption and easy money.

“While I am against corruption anywhere in Nigeria, I will not support accusations based on anger and vindictiveness. The 8th Senate should also look inwardly and purge herself of all the deliberate misgivings of the past. God bless Nigeria,” said Melaye.

We should expect response from the 109 senators and 300+ legislators. God bless my country, Nigeria.

With all due respect, the senators (those that have replied Obasanjo) don't sound like intelligent people, esp Dino melaiye.

While OBJ's letter was windy, one can understand what he feels. Saraki's reply however was vague and full of English. He probably understands what OBJ means and decide to play it like Patrick Obaihagbon. Melaye on the other hand sound like someone with cerebral palsy.

OBJ was calling for transparency and wants the bogus allowances removed. Senate just recently approved some car allowance. These guys should think well before they speak. It's like Melaiye can't even understand simple English.

OBJ with all due respect is not the right person to call for anything in the Senate. The accusations made by the senator is recent history. The question we should also ask is where the alleged bribery money for third term agenda came from. Was this part of the security vote :)

BTW: having cerebral palsy should never be used as an insult. Thanks.

With all due respect, the senators (those that have replied Obasanjo) don't sound like intelligent people, esp Dino melaiye.

While OBJ's letter was windy, one can understand what he feels. Saraki's reply however was vague and full of English. He probably understands what OBJ means and decide to play it like Patrick Obaihagbon. Melaye on the other hand sound like someone with cerebral palsy.

OBJ was calling for transparency and wants the bogus allowances removed. Senate just recently approved some car allowance. These guys should think well before they speak. It's like Melaiye can't even understand simple English.

OBJ with all due respect is not the right person to call for anything in the Senate. The accusations made by the senator is recent history. The question we should also ask is where the alleged bribery money for third term agenda came from. Was this part of the security vote :)

BTW: having cerebral palsy should never be used as an insult. Thanks.
Would you be happier if the letter came from Buhari?

My fellow Nigerians pls let's be considerate Obj made a heart striking point even if the devil himself said the truth lets admit the truth and stop ignoring it because it's from the devil

So, according to you, a message is wrong/bad if the messenger is perceived to be or is a bad person?

We should learn to separate the wheat from the tare.

I have heard the message a thousand times from the same people that cause the problem. Did he say anything new in the message? Was there something you did not know before? Was he part of the problem and the setup? Unfortunately we are encouraged to forget the deeds of these men. We sing along to Fela and ignore his message mentioning the same men. It would be better if they spent the time changing their disciples and less time preaching to the people that are being punished by their actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back