Politics Royal Fathers Should Put Their Advice In Writing – Buhari tells Alaafin

P

ProfRem

President Muhammadu Buhari has asked traditional rulers in Nigeria to put their advice in writing so that he can relate it to the problems facing the country.

The president said this while receiving Alaafin of Oyo, Oba Lamidi Adeyemi III at the Aso Rock Presidential Villa in Abuja yesterday.

The Alaafin later told State House correspondents that he advised President Buhari on “multi-dimensional problems” facing Nigeria such as the Niger Delta crisis and the Boko Haram insurgency, among others.

“I’ve met with the president and offered some suggestions. We’re losing huge resources to the activities of the Niger Delta Avengers. Coming close to that is the infiltration of the militants in Lagos and Ikorodu”.

alaafinBB.jpg

The Monarch said: “The president listened attentively and he has asked me to pass the information to other traditional rulers in my domain to assist the government by giving advice because he is a good listener, but that such advice should be put in writing so that he can then relate it to the problems affecting Nigeria,” he said.

“As a Nigerian and one of the topmost traditional rulers in the country, over time, I sent a memorandum to the president which he acknowledged and asked me to come and endorse those things I had written. I think it’s time for me to use the proper channel to reach the president for suggestions and advice.

“I’ve met with the president and offered some suggestions”, he said.

Back