Metro This 13-Year Old Boy Died After Trying to Save a Drowning Girl

Vunderkind

Social Member
ricky2.jpg

Ricky Osagie was a 13-year old boy living in Ireland (specifically, Dublin) who had gone into the water to save a girl who was drowning in a lake at their residential complex.

He had gone into the water with another girl to rescue the girl who was having trouble swimming.

Ricky Osagie is now dead.

It happened at about 6:15pm, and the three teenagers were fished out of the water. Ricky, however, had been under water for more than ten minutes before he was found.

The girls, however, survived. They were taken to Temple Street Children Hospital where they received treatment and are currently recovering. Ricky’s condition was called ‘serious’ and he remained in intensive care until he passed away.
ricky1.jpg

The Boy Ricky

The Irish Mirror calls Ricky Osagie a ‘soccer sensation’, with a dream to represent Ireland someday. His broken father, Kelly Osagie describes his son as a hero who knew he was risking his life to save that girl (Ricky couldn’t swim), but he tried anyway.

"He was trying to help someone else. That’s what happened. My son died a hero. He went in and then that was it. My son is gone but a girl is alive because of him. He always smiled and was happy all the time. He was such a fantastic footballer. We have trophies everywhere in the house. Ricky was going to play for Ireland, that’s what he said he was going to do. He had so many friends. He is a hero, a real hero. I want the world to know what my son did. He was a man,” the father said.

May he receive a hero’s welcome.
ricky3.jpg

Back