World UK to repatriate 267 Nigerian prisoners - Punch Nigeria

curator

Administrator
Hundreds of Nigerian criminals will be sent home to serve out prison sentences under a deal set to be struck by ministers within weeks.

Talks are continuing into reaching a compulsory prisoner transfer agreement, which could see more than half of the 534 criminals from Nigeria currently in UK jails repatriated.

Punch Newspaper : http://www.punchng.com/news/uk-to-repatriate-267-nigerian-prisoners/

David-Cameron.jpg

Finally...the govt. wakes up and effects the much desired prisoner transfer. This is a plus for the GEJ administration

Long before now, Ibori was already on his way. His trial has been stalled, UK prosecutors having difficulty getting evidence from Nigeria. I don't think this is solely about Ibori.

He is not coming back that soon. The Nigerian government are paying the bills so no rush there.
UK tax payers may have to pay for the retrial....over 50 visits to Nigeria, no good evidence obtained.

believe me, Nigeria has got that bill sorted.
GEJ want to be re-elected, that bill is about to go unsorted plus Tony Blairs wifey is currently on Ibori's legal team. More of that money is going to be spent on pulling the Delta Chieftain out of there.

GEJ want to be re-elected, that bill is about to go unsorted plus Tony Blairs wifey is currently on Ibori's legal team. More of that money is going to be spent on pulling the Delta Chieftain out of there.
Thought she was representing Oando not James as he is known to friends :)

I thought it was just business? James was not the only one. The rest are contesting for 2015 elections at all levels :) I will refer to him as Chief Ibori from now on - or Mr?

First of all, this is bad news to those prisoners. Everyone of them. "I am a prisoner in UK" beats "I'm a prisoner in 9ja". They aren't gonna get better conditions here.

Finally...the govt. wakes up and effects the MUCH DESIRED prisoner transfer. This is a plus for the GEJ administration
much desired? By whom? FG? Recently, prisoners are being freed due to congestion of prisons. Catering for prisoners takes money out of the pocket, and trust me, FG is like a monkey and banana when it comes to money matters. The only happy ones in this deal are probably the UK and @Jules.

@Jules @Lequte @Vunderkind @Bolanle Akanji
Do you think James Ibori is on his way back :)
Hard to say. The case has dragged on for a long time. If he eventually comes to 9ja, it'll be after an eon. :D

First of all, this is bad news to those prisoners. Everyone of them. "I am a prisoner in UK" beats "I'm a prisoner in 9ja". They aren't gonna get better conditions here.

much desired? By whom? FG? Recently, prisoners are being freed due to congestion of prisons. Catering for prisoners takes money out of the pocket, and trust me, FG is like a monkey and banana when it comes to money matters. The only happy ones in this deal are probably the UK and @Jules.

Hard to say. The case has dragged on for a long time. If he eventually comes to 9ja, it'll be after an eon. :D
hmm...they'll come back and get freed due to prison congestion.

Finally...the govt. wakes up and effects the much desired prisoner transfer. This is a plus for the GEJ administration
I read something abt the transfer being because of overcrowding in uk jails. I can't wait to c the hero welcome Ibori will b treated to.

hmm...they'll come back and get freed due to prison congestion.
Seems your heartthrob is amongst 'em. Agitating for a sweet reunion, aren't we?
What about the stowaway kiddo? You guys fit like a jigsaw puzzle. *DYK? The guy now has some cash and fame.* :D :D :D

Back