Politics Wife of Ex-PDP National Chairman Slaps Delta State Chairman Twice During Heated Seat-Argument

L

LequteMan

Bloodshed was averted at premises of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) secretariat in Asaba on Friday following an alleged assault of the State party chairman, Chief Peter Nwaoboshi during a heated argument with the wife of the former PDP national chairman, Mrs. Marian Ali.

The incident accrding to #Vanguad happened shortly before the arrival of the State governor Dr. Emmanuel Uduaghan who came there for the formal presentation of 25 vehicles to all the local government chairmen of the party.

An eye witness said that Mrs. Ali had an altercation with the State party chairman, Chief Nwaoboshi over which seat she should sit upon as she was asked to vacate the chair reserved for the state deputy governor.

She was reported to have allegedly rough handled and slapped Nwaoboshi twice before party loyalists pounced on her.

"Despite the provocation, I did not reiterate even when she slapped me twice and tore my dress to shreds. She could have been lynched if not for my intervention and the elders of the party," Nwaoboshi told reporters later.

images (24).jpg

#Asaba #PDP

Back