Metro ‘I’m Not Doing Yahoo Yahoo' – Oluwo of Iwo Reacts To Warrant of Arrest

kemi

Social Member
The Oluwo of Iwo, Oba Abdulrasheed Akanbi, has said he will not appear before a Magistrate’s Court in Osogbo, Osun State, which on Tuesday last week, issued a bench warrant for his arrest.

oluwo of iwo 2.jpg

The monarch also declared that he was not involved in Internet fraud, known as Yahoo Yahoo, contrary to the allegation against him in a case before the court.

The Magistrate’s court, presided over by Mr. Olusola Aluko, had, on December 20, issued a bench warrant for the arrest of the traditional ruler for refusing to appear in court in a case instituted against him by the Oluwo of Iwo Oke, Oba Kadiri Adeoye.

Speaking with Punch correspondent on Sunday, Oba Akanbi said he was not a fraudster and would not appear before Aluko, alleging that the case had been compromised.

He said, “It is a shame on the judiciary to have such magistrate. There is no indictment; no case at all; somebody just brought a worthless paper before you. It is a civil case and you are relying on that to issue a warrant of arrest.

“I am not a criminal. Some people want to tarnish my name and they cooked up a lie that I am into Yahoo Yahoo. I am not. Can one be a monarch and still be doing Yahoo Yahoo? What do I need that for?

“All he just wants is to tarnish my name. That means it has a political undertone.”

The monarch said his achievements within a year of ascending the throne had intimidated some people including some monarchs, who he did not mention.

Back