Politics Al-Mustapha Names Yoruba Leaders Who Got Paid After M.K.O Abiola's Death

A

abujagirl

Hamza al-Mustapha, Chief Security Officer (CSO) of Late General Sani Abacha, military head of state of Nigeria from November 1993 to June 1998 has disclosed that some Yoruba leaders got paid after the death of M.K.O Abiola.

Hamza al-Mustapha.jpg

Al-Mustapha said Ayo Opadokun led some Yoruba leaders to the presidential villa and got money a day after the death of MKO Abiola. Nigerian Tribune reports that Al-Mustapha made the disclosure while speaking with newsmen after meeting with South-East stakeholders in Kaduna.

“When Abiola died, a day after the politician’s death, he (Opadokun) was invited to the Presidency and he came to the Villa alongside his friends. He came with anger into the Villa. Those who killed Abiola invited him to the Villa. At that material time, they came to fight the government and they wanted to set the country ablaze considering the tone they came with. They went into the meeting, they came out laughing and yelling as if nothing happened in the country.

“A day after Abiola’s death if you remember, the country was on the verge of collapse. But seeing what was going on and the things around Abiola led me to suspect them.

He went on to say that he has a tape of how Opadokun and others collected bribe over Abiola’s death.

“I had not handed over the Villa to Abdulsalami Abubakar’s government then, so I decided to video tape what they were doing and I have the tape and I have tendered the tape before a court of law, before Justice Mojisola Dada of the Lagos High Court.''

“In that tape, money exchanged hands. They traded with Abiola and that is my anger. The tape is in the court. Anybody that wants to watch can get it and watch. it is now a public document. I didn’t want to talk about it before, but money was brought from CBN in my presence and it was shared.”

I wonder how many pieces of silver they got? If this comes as a surprise to anyone, then they are yet to know the country they live in

Back