Politics Amaechi, Kwankwaso and Others Paid N100million Each to Join APC -Bafarawa

A

abujagirl

Alhaji Attahiru Dalhatu Bafarawa, former Governor of Sokoto state is claiming that the G-5 Governors who joined the All Progressives Congress, APC before the 2015 elections paid N100million each for membership.

G5.jpg

Speaking with DAILY TRUST Bafarawa said, ''APC government says it is fighting corruption, but it is the mother of corruption; it has been the mother of corruption since the day it opened its gates to those five governors from the new PDP.

''When they (five governors) came into the APC, they were warmly received because they had the money to contribute N100 million each. When I, a founding member and acting chairman of the party’s constitution drafting committee queried why they were expressly allowed entry, I was bluntly told they had money to give. I then offered to also contribute N100 million but my own contribution was rejected.

''Those five governors entered APC to corrupt the party, and they succeeded in doing so. This is why I say APC is the mother of corruption.”

“I foresaw that they would hijack the party and attempt to do whatever they want. If they are allowed to do whatever they want, there will be problem in the politics of the country; if they are not allowed, which is the situation now, there will be a rift between them and the government, they will be disloyal and impudent to the government, and this will cost the country immense problem in terms of progress.”

The G-5 Governors were - Rotimi Amaechi, Abdulfatah Ahmed, Rabiu Kwankwaso,Aliyu Magatakarda Wamakko and Murtala Nyako.

Back