ASUU Strike: FUTO Sacks All Lecturers for Failure to Resume Lectures

L

LequteMan

The Senate of the Federal University of Technology Owerri (FUTO) has sacked all academic staff on its payroll for failure to return to classrooms, according to the Daily Post.

The institution also announced that the dismissal took immediate effect; Monday December 2, 2013.

Chike Ezenwa, FUTO Public Relations Officers (PRO) confirmed the development, adding all the positions in the institution would be advertised starting from December 2, 2013( Monday).

He further explained that the Senate council had already compiled the list of vacant positions in the school, adding that those willing to resume would be adequately protected.

The FUTO branch of the Academic Staff of Universities Union, ASUU, however declared that any attempt to break their ranks would be strongly resisted by their members.

The chapter also issued a comminique yesterday urging members to ignore the resumption notice by FUTO management, adding that it would not resume academic activities until the Federal Government implements the resolution it entered with the Union.

images

UNBELIEVABLE.....please help me believe
ABRACADABRA!!! Now open your eyes.

FUTO meant business. I think the lecturers will return to classrooms soon- even if ASUU hasn't called off the strike, at least some of them.

This is a situation no one wants to be in. To continue with the strive and become jobless or to resume and keep one's job.

The average lecturer is at a impasse.

My advice: Never become a Nigerian lecturer in your next life.

...how does the advice help? I could care less!!

FUTO is my hero. Them never know. I like the way Uniben has jejely respected itself. These are Federal Schools (whether they like it or not, it's FG that butters their bread and has the final say)

ASUU will discover that, while the president may be lenient enough to have entertained their demands for this long, he is the Supreme Authority in this country and he should be respected.

Sorry, guys. My love for ASUU waxed cold the minute they began to disregard and disrespect GEJ. That's a no-no, fam.

Back