Politics Edo 2016: Ogbemudia Endorses APC Candidate, Godwin Obaseki

P

ProfRem

Respected statesman Chief Samuel Ogbemudia on Monday endorsed Godwin Obaseki, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress for the governorship election in Edo State on 28 September.

Ogbemudia, whose voice is regarded like that of the Oracle gave the endorsement at a banquet organised by Governor Adams Oshiomhole in Benin to celebrate his 84th birthday.

Oshiomhole announced the renaming of New Era College as Dr Samuel Ogbemudia College.

The college was built by Ogbemudia decades ago and had fallen into ruins under PDP administration before Oshiomhole decided to rebuild it.

ogbemudiaOShio.JPG

Ogbemudia canvassed votes for Mr. Godwin Obaseki, the candidate of the All Progressives Congress.

“I want to appeal to the people of Edo State through those who are here that 28th September, is a day of decision, a day on which we will decide our future. We have two options, either to remain as we are and nothing happens and two years hence, we will be looking for boats to travel on the roads because it would have been flooded or we work hard, get the right person to carry on from where Comrade will leave it. So, that option is staring us in the face.

“For me, I choose the option to get somebody who understands good governance to carry on from where Comrade Oshiomhole will leave it. He has done enough. He has left sufficient evidence for historians to appreciate, and many years hence they will be falling on each other to determine what made you do this or that. And I think you have wonderful wisdom and that wisdom will live with you forever.”

Back