Metro Help! My Wife is Troublesome- Husband Begs Court for Divorce

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

Alhaji Yusuf Alimi of Itakure area of Ilorin, on Tuesday told an #Ilorin Area Court that his wife, Kerimat, was a troublemaker, and therefore sought the dissolution of their five-year-old marriage.

Yusuf, 36, told the court that his wife was in the habit of causing trouble and fighting people in their neighbourhood.

"My wife is a troublemaker, and she is fond of causing trouble in the area where we live,’’ he said.

Yusuf cited an instance when his wife was arrested on March 4, 2013 for slapping their neighbour. He told the court that their marriage produced one male child.

"My Lord, I want an end to this marriage because I cannot afford seeing her implicating me with her senseless and troublesome behavior,’’ he said.

The defendant, however, objected to the prayer of her husband, saying she was still interested in the marriage.

"My husband always blames me for everything, even when I am not at fault; but I am ready to obey him and be calm for the sake of my marriage,’’ she said.

She prayed the court for an adjournment for her to make reconciliatory moves. The presiding judge, Mr Yusuf Abdulkareem, adjourned the case until May 22 for a report on settlement or continuation of hearing.

divorce.jpg

Back