Politics Hon. Nwuke - Buhari Must Have Strong Reasons For Keeping Magu

A

abujagirl

Honorable Ogbonna Nwuke is suggesting that there's a special reason why President Muhammadu Buhari wants Ibrahim Magu to head the Economic And Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC at all cost.

Ibrahim Magu.jpg

According to VANGUARD, Nwuke said, ''There must be a strong reason why the Presidency believes Magu is the right man for the job but those strong reasons which support Magu’s choice, in my opinion, are responsible for the stiff opposition to his confirmation by a section of the Senate.

''If the Presidency is still insisting on Magu, it is possible that there may be new facts, new information that may not have been available to the Senate at the time of the screening. Somehow, the Senate President is expected to meet with President Buhari over some issues, including Magu’s.

''My expectation is that the two leaders may well use the opportunity to address areas of growing differences between the Senate and the Presidency, at least to guarantee synergy and understanding. I think that we all must work towards the realisation of the goals of state; ensure that core policy perspectives which define the mission of the administration and the APC are effectively pursued. Of course, there is the doctrine of the separation of powers.

''So the Senate may not be totally out of place in taking certain steps. But Saraki is supposed to appreciate the position of Buhari’s government having been on the campaign trail with the president.

Back