I am committed to Chelsea – Juan Mata

• Thread starter Thread starter Chris Maduewesi
  • Start date Start date
C

Chris Maduewesi

Chelsea midfielder,Juan Mata,has revealed that he is committed to the club’s long term plan,despite reports linking him with a move elsewhere.
There were speculation that Mata could be headed for the exit door,as he might not fit into the plans of Jose Mourinho.
But the Spain international said that after he had talks with the club,and he has been assured of his importance to the side.
“I was so relaxed about all the speculation about me leaving,” he told reporters. “I spoke to the club and spoke to the manager who said I was very important to them. So there’s nothing to say about it.
“It’s always very good to hear you are important to the club. Everyone wants to feel they are important.”
“So I’m very happy. I’m training with the new manager and we want to improve on last season.”
But Mata knows that there will be stiffer fights for places in the team,especially with other younger players,ready to step up the plate.
“We just have to be focused,” he continued. “There are 25 players in the squad and it is not down to us who the club will sign. We are happy with the squad we have at the moment.”
“When you are playing more and more with your team-mates, you get more of a connection. Players like Hazard and Oscar came last season and this summer there is [Kevin] De Bruyne and [Andre] Schurrle. All we need is the connection.”
“I’m really looking forward to starting the season with him, we’re all really excited. Jose did a great job here a few years ago and I think we can do it again.”

Continue reading...

Back