Sports Keshi admits South African challenge will be tough

Super Eagles coach Stephen Keshi has admitted that their last group game South Africa will be the toughest because the host have an experienced team.

“If you look at some of their players like (Siphiwe) Tshabalala and goalkeeper (Itumeleng) Khune, they have lots of experience and this will matter a lot going into the decisive group game on Sunday,” conceded Keshi.

“It’s very difficult to handle these youngsters (in my team), but they are an intelligent group who have mastered things quickly.”

South Africa are currently at the top of Group A with four points ahead of Mali, who also have same points but leads the group with a superior goals difference.

The Home-Based Eagles lies third on the log with three points, while Mozambique are fourth having lost their first two games without any point.

The Eagles coach said that he hopes that his boys will get better to get a win against Bafana and guarantee their place in the knockout stage of the tournament.

“I hope we get better and better because with football I cannot say we shall beat South Africa,” said Keshi, while insisting Nigeria’s favourable record against South Africa will count for nothing on Sunday.

Kick-off is 6pm Nigerian time on Sunday.

keshi 1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Back