Politics Nigeria: Why The Yorubas Place Their Trust in Buhari - Gen. Diya

L

LequteMan

President Muhammadu Buhari is a trustworthy person according to former Chief of General staff (Sani Abacha's tenure) and Lieutenant General Donaldson Oladipo Diya.

In an interview published by Vanguard, Diya, who was military governor of Ogun state during Buhari's military regime says the president has a great personality.

"The Yoruba generally trust Buhari because they knew him before now. Generally speaking, if you are acquainted with much of the story, the personality of Buhari is enough to sell.

"You look at the man and say, “yes, we can trust him.” When you look at his antecedents you will believe that he has done it before and that he will do it better this time.

"You see, it is not easy to have a man who has been a General Officer Commanding, a Minister of Petroleum, a Head of State and Chairman Petroleum Trust Fund (PTF), yet, as big as Nigeria is, nobody can really face him and point an accusing finger at him to say, You have done this or that.

"If somebody comes in, he has been this or that and as big as this country is, nobody can say this man has done something bad before, I think it is worthy of appreciation.

"I am a living witness, with the personality that Buhari has put up, it will be difficult for him to fail," he added.

Attachments

• General-Oladipo-Diya.jpg
    General-Oladipo-Diya.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 26
So is Buhari bigger than the whole country or he's bigger than the law? What is this man saying? This is why we're lacking lots of things, instead you should have say “nobody is above the law” not the other way . I have never seen situation when someone praising thief as big as Nigeria is, it's never done in advanced countries. I think old age is affecting this man if not he would have said something on #Dasukigate involvement with mr Buhari

He is saying he has faith in Buhari to turn the country around.

We just have to wait and see. Campaigns are over so the opinions are pretty much irrelevant to many Nigerians.

Back