Metro Nnewi Parts Dealer Caught Trying to Smuggle Cannabis to China

A

abujagirl

Ogbodo Chibuzor David, a 39-year-old motorcycle parts dealer has been arrested by the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) while attempting to smuggle 11.06kg of dried weeds that tested positive for cannabis to China.

Nigerian Tribune reported that David hid the drugs in various food items. He was arrested at the Murtala Muhammed International Airport (MMIA), Lagos when he was about to board a Qatar Airline flight.

After the arrest, David told NDLEA officials at the his story, he said, "I gave a business partner the sum of $30,000 to supply me goods and he disappeared. This brought my business to its knees and I have been struggling to take care of my wife and child since a year ago. I met many people for financial assistance but nobody was willing to help until I was wrongly advised. A friend told me to smuggle cannabis to China.

"I bought the cannabis for N200, 000. My friend told me that I would make a profit of $10,000 selling the cannabis in China. I was only interested in getting money for my motorcycle parts business"

#China #Lagos #NDLEA #NigerianTribune #QatarAirline

cannabis.jpg

Back