Politics PDP Crisis Tearing Families Apart; FCT Minister Adamant to Remain in PDP even as Husband Decamps

• Thread starter Thread starter abujagirl
  • Start date Start date
A

abujagirl

The crisis rocking the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP may begin to have it's toll on political families who due to recent defections to the All Progressive Congress, APC find themselves in opposite sides of the divide.

Olajumoke Akinjide, Minister State for the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, has vowed to remain in the PDP despite her husband’s recent defection to the APC. Akinjide’s husband, Ahman Pategi, was one of the 37 PDP lawmakers who defected to the APC.

Akinjide, who is the daughter of the Second Republic Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice, Richard Akinjide said her entire family remained loyal to the ruling party and the president.

The Minister is quoted saying" I’ll never ever leave the PDP. The Akinjide family is loyal to the PDP and loyal to President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. My father, Richard Akinjide is a founding member of the PDP and a member of the PDP Board of Trustees.

"I am the arrowhead of the PDP in Oyo State as the minister in an opposition state. I will continue to work hard to ensure the success of Mr. President, the Transformation Agenda, and the success of the PDP at the polls in the 2015 elections, she added.

oloye-Jumoke-Akinjide-FCT-minister-of-state.jpg

Back