Sports Pep Guardiola's Words After Man City's 2 - 0 Loss to Tottenham

L

LequteMan

Manchester City on Sunday lost their first Premier League match, after they were hounded by determined Tottenham.

An Aleksandar Kolarov own goal and a quick finish by Ali in the first half was enough to see Tottenham edge closer to the table toppers. (Read more: Tottenham Beat Manchester City 2-0 )

Speaker after the game, Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola lauded Tottenham.

"They were better. We were not in the right positions so congratulations to them.

"The first goal is quite similar to the one we conceded in Glasgow, it is always difficult to recover. We played much better in the last 15 or 20 minutes. We knew they would press us high, we wanted that but they did it better.

"[Losing] It is part of the game, part of our job. I never thought that we would not lose a game, you can't imagine that. It is normal to the process, sometimes it happens and it can help us improve.

"I am not here for the talk around me, I am here to do my job. It is October, you cannot imagine my team is already done. I am new here. So far it has been an amazing performance but we need more, we have to work more, it is what it is.

"At the end of the season you can win and still realise that you are not perfect."

"It was a tough game, we knew that. Tottenham have been a very good team for the last three years, fighting. It was difficult, they were better so congratulations to Tottenham,

"We were little late in all aspects. We could not have so many chances, in many aspects they were better than us.

"They are sharper for the second ball, in England you have to control that. Football is 90 minutes, we had a good start but we didn't have the game. We had problems to control the game.

"In the second half it was similar. We created enough chances to score but they missed a penalty."

On his part, Mauricio Pochettino, Tottenham's boss said:

"It was a great, great victory for us against this opposition. I am very happy. Sometimes when you have a plan, it is good, sometimes less so, but Manchester City are a great team. It is difficult to play against them. We need to follow this after the international match and we have more tough games after the international break.".

On Son and Lamela's apparently argument over the penaIty: "It happens in all teams. Everyone can miss a penalty. We will analyse, but it is not a big issue.

"The collective performance was strong. It is too early to take this into the table yet. We are still creating out philosophy."

Attachments

• pep loss.jpg
    pep loss.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 31
Back