Metro Rat Poison Seller Abandons Wife in Hospital Over Surgery Bill

kemi

Social Member
A mother of seven, Mrs Uzoamaka Onu, 39, has been abandoned by her husband at the New Mayor Hospital and Fertility Centre, Nkpor, Anambra State, over N520,000 hospital bill.

breast cancer 1.jpg

The woman, Vanguard gathered, had stayed in the hospital for four months because of the non- payment of the bill.

Uzoamaka, a food vendor, who hails from Okpoto community, Ishielu Local Government Area of Ebonyi State, told Vanguard that the husband had absconded and abandoned her to her fate.

According to her, “my husband stopped visiting the hospital after I successfully underwent a surgery on my right breast and all attempts to reach him have proved abortive.”

However, Uzomaka said she did not blame her husband for absconding, because he had suffered a lot since 2013 when signs of cancer started manifesting.

She said: “My husband sells rat poison, and cannot afford the money to pay the balance. I think that was why he ran away. I am appealing to good spirited Nigerians to come to my aid and help me to get back home.”

Last edited:
Back