Metro Lagos: Man Abandons Wife For Cooking in the Room

Vunderkind

Social Member
A 39-year-old trader, Mosurat Abdulganiyu, on Thursday urged an Alagbado Customary Court, Lagos, to dissolve her 14-year-old marriage over alleged abandonment and lack of care.

The petitioner, Mrs Mosurat Abdulganiyu, who lives at 10, Idowu Adeniji St., Abule Egba, Lagos, told the court that her husband abandoned her when she was two-months pregnant.

" My husband, Oyewole Abdulganiyu, left the house in 2005 and found solace in another woman's arm and since then, he has not looked back.

"I called him when our first child was sick but he did not pick the calls and all efforts to get him proved abortive until the child died.

"He is adulterous and wicked; he does not know how the kids are faring now, and he wants to take them away from me," she said.

The mother of three children aged between nine and thirteen years, told the court that her husband left her when the house they rented got burnt.

"I am ready to give two of the children to him, but he must be responsible for the upkeep of the only one with me, please dissolve the union, I do not love him again," she said.

However, her husband, Oyewole Abdulganiyu, 43, a trader, told the court that he left the house because it was his wife that caused the fire outbreak.

"I told my wife countless time not to be cooking in the room but she did not listen to me; the fire outbreak was traced to our room and I was arrested by the landlord.

"I spent four days in the cell for the offence I did not commit and when I was granted bail, I decided not to have anything to do with her again," he said.

Abdulganiyu told the court that Mosurat was stubborn and did not take his orders.

"I am not adulterous, I have married another woman and I am living peacefully with her," he said.

The Court President, Mr Olubode Sekoni, told the couple to maintain the peace and adjourned the case till March 26 for judgment
divorce.jpg

Back