Sports Ronaldo disappointed at Real Madrid for selling Di Maria and Alonso

rsz_ronaldo_pic.jpg
World footballer of the year Cristiano Ronaldo has expressed his dissatisfaction towards his side's way of reshaping the squad after revealing that he "can't say what he thinks" about Real Madrid's summer transfer moves.

Real Madrid shipped out Xabi Alonso, Angel Di Maria, Diego Lopez and Alvaro Morata, with Javier Hernandez joining Keylor Navas, Toni Kroos and James Rodriguez as the players to have arrived at the club this summer.

"I have my strong opinions, but I can’t always say what I think. Otherwise, tomorrow it would be on the front pages and I don’t want that,” he told the press at a media event for watchmaker Tag Heuer.

“But if the president thinks the best for the team is to sign players who joined and leave out others, we must respect and support his decisions.”

Madrid on Sunday lost a two-goal advantage and ended up losing 4-2 to Real Sociedad,with question marks over coach Carlo Ancelotti's team.

The former Manchester United player admitted that the sales of Di Maria and Alonso would affect Real Madrid..

“With all the new players the style will change, for better or worse” he said.

“Di Maria and Xabi were very important to us but now they are gone and we should be happy with the new players. I'm sure we'll be fine.”

Ronaldo is currently recovering from a knee injury that saw him sit out the defeat to Real Sociedad at the weekend, but says he expects to back within a week.

“Yesterday I went for a run. I'm sure in a week I'll be back one hundred percent,” he said, before warning his team-mates they cannot repeat the complacent performance that saw them lose a two-goal lead on Sunday.

“It was a strange game, we were 2-0 up after minutes, but then things changed. We have taken it as a lesson that we cannot think a match is already won. We must fight to the end."

Last edited by a moderator:
Back