World Russia 'spied' on G20 countries- news24

A

abujagirl

Rome - Russia tried to spy on other Group of 20 (G20) countries during a summit it hosted in Saint Petersburg last month, Italian newspapers reported on Tuesday.

The news follows revelations in the past week of widespread US surveillance in Europe, allegedly by intercepting the phone calls of millions of citizens in France, Italy and Spain as well as tapping into the mobile phone of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.

At the end of the G20 meeting on 5-6 September, the Russian hosts gave delegations complimentary USB computer sticks and mobile phone chargers, Corriere della Sera and La Stampa dailies reported.

SOURCE: news24

Read more at http://www.news24.com/World/News/Russia-spied-on-G20-countries-20131029

images

So...they gave complimentary USB sticks and mobile phones...who is suddenly reminded of the cute trojan horse trick?

Nifty, too. The Russians give with one hand and collect with the other, and their price is usually hefty.

I am just smiling here. All the Sidney Sheldon books, all the Tom Clancy (rest his soul) and Ken Follett, all of that has been leading my life up to this: espionage.

It is real, fam. No. One. Is. Safe.

LOOOL!

Okay...I'm back @Jules, and more confused than when I left. There is no proof that Russia actually intended to use the USB sticks for spying. It is, admittedly, odd that they would give out such items as souvenirs after the G20 meetings, and right now, the items are being tested. They say the usb sticks and mobile phones have passed the preliminary tests, which ordinarily would mean that the devices are clean, right?

I wish. It probably only means, for the European Union, that they used a smarter method of concealing their bugs. So the testing continues. The EU has decided not to formally accuse Russia until something is found...

...but the media, apparently, doesn't believe in such diplomacy.

Back